Hello! My name is Nichole, and I’m the face behind Cozy Farmhouse! I’ve always had a love for things that give me that “warm and cozy” feeling, whether it be with food, home decor, or even a certain smell that reminds me of something special. After thinking about it time and time again, I finally decided to create a space where I could share my passions with people just like you. In order for us to get a bit more acquainted, let me tell you a few things about myself…
- I am married to my High School sweetheart and together we have the most amazing, weirdest little girl I have ever met ( she gets it from her dad).
- Cooking is how I express my stress, anger, happiness, and every other emotion in between.
- I’m a collector of many things, but most importantly cookbooks and mugs.
- I LOVE tea. I can’t stress this one enough… Someone mentions tea and I will hold a conversation about it until I’m finally cut off.
- I hate wearing shoes. Yes, you heard that right. Flip flops and sandals are all you will see me wearing unless there is snow on the ground.
- In High School I decided I was going to be a photographer. I pursued that dream and took senior portraits and pictures for weddings for almost 5 years until I decided I would rather take pictures of food and nature rather than people.
- Gilmore Girls and The Hart of Dixie are my favorite tv shows of all time, but I’ve also seen every episode of Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons at least 20 times. Make a tv show about a small town and I will be all over it.
- Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I’m that person that has my Christmas tree up a week (sometimes two weeks) before Thanksgiving.
- I’m one of the few people that actually enjoys grocery shopping.
- I love organizing. I find myself looking at pictures of organized closets and cabinets more often than most people.
- My favorite color is green. I probably have an unhealthy obsession with the color.
- Botanical prints… if I could hang them up in every room of my house without it being weird, I would.
- Movie nights are something I do as much as possible. I don’t have a “normal” taste in movies that most people my age do. I blame that on spending the summers at my grandparent’s house and the film appreciation class I took in high school.
- One of my favorite parts of traveling is finding new restaurants and coffee shops. My husband and I decide where we are going to get our morning drinks before our vacation has even started. It definitely makes long drives seem a little more exciting.
- Ive been talking about starting a blog for YEARS. It’s definitely a scary thing to put your own thoughts and work out there for the world to judge, so I always seemed to talk myself out of it. Finally one day my husband got tired of me backing out of what I had just planned for months and said, “I just purchased your website, so you better get to work”. So, that’s how I got here.
I am so excited to share my favorite recipes, projects, suggestions, and all the ways I make life a little more cozy. Thanks for reading!