jalapeno popper pinwheels
These jalapeño popper pinwheels are the perfect appetizer to serve at this year’s holiday party. I like to make these the night before and slice them right before guests arrive for a quick and easy finger food. The jalapeños are cooked, so no need to worry about them being too spicy for guests who are sensitive to heat!
- 6 jalapeños, seeds and membranes remove, chopped
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3-5 spinach tortillas
- 1 packet ranch mix
- Cook bacon, set aside. Keep 1-2 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
- To the pan with remaining bacon grease, add jalapeños and onions. Cook on med-low heat for 10-12 minutes until onions are translucent and jalapeños are soft. Let cool.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese and ranch mix and mix together until completely combined.
- Crumble bacon into cream cheese mixture. Add shredded pepper jack, cooked jalapeños and onions then mix together.
- Spread a thick layer of cream cheese mixture onto tortilla. Roll up tightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove plastic wrap and slice into 1″ thick pinwheels.