pumpkin apple bread (with maple glaze)
Is it just me, or does pumpkin bread always seem a bit bland? I’ve tried so many different spices and ridiculous amounts of sugar only to realize it was apples that brought out the flavors of the pumpkin perfectly! Welcome Fall with this deliciously sweet pumpkin apple bread!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In small saucepan, add apples, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Cook on med-low heat for 10-12 minutes, until apples are soft, but not fully cooked. Set aside and cool 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Once combined, add pumpkin and apples, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin apple mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Grease a loaf pan using oil or cooking spray, then pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While bread is cooling, combine all maple glaze ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Once bread is cooled, take out of loaf pan and pour glaze over the top. Let glaze set for 30 minutes until eating.