What’s more delicious than breakfast for dinner? These breakfast enchiladas are something you can make for dinner and still enjoy leftovers for breakfast the next morning. This recipe uses refridgerated hash browns for a quick fix, but you can easily make homemade if preferred.
- 24 corn tortillas
- 15 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1lb ground breakfast sausage
- 12 oz bag refrigerated hashbrowns
- 8 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- *optional: 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Cook ground sausage, onions, and optional peppers until sausage is fully cooked. Set aside.
- Fry hash browns until crispy, set aside.
- Scramble eggs until fully cooked. Add all ingredients, except for cheese and enchilada sauce, and mix together with the eggs. Take off heat.
- Heat up corn tortillas in microwave for 30-45 seconds. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of of egg mixture down the center of tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top of filling and roll up tight, place in baking dish. Repeat until baking dish is full.
- Pour enchilada sauce and shredded cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and salsa.