pierogi ( w/ bacon & grilled onions)
If you’re searching for a quick and easy dinner, you’ve come to the right place! Made with pre-made pierogi from the freezer section, this recipe has very few steps and ingredients to make your meal reach the table in less than 30 minutes! (Note: pierogi is pasta filled with creamy potatoes and cheese, which is extremely rich in flavor.. you only need 4-5/ person to fill them up!)
- two frozen 16 oz boxes cheese pierogies
- 1 lb bacon
- one large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Prepare pierogies as directed on the back of package. Strain water when done.
- Fry bacon, leaving half the grease in pan when done. Crumble bacon when cooled.
- To the pan with remaining bacon grease, add butter and sliced onions. Saute onions until soft.
- When onions are soft, add pierogies and crumbled bacon. Stir and garnish with parmesan cheese.