Apple Cobbler Muffins ( w/ Maple Glaze)
Are you a fan of apple cobbler? Apple fritters? Maple bars, perhaps? If so, take a look at your new favorite muffin recipe. These taste like a combination of all three wrapped up into the form of a muffin, so technically you can eat these for breakfast!
- 2 apples, peeled & cut into small cubes. Soak in 1/4 cup orange juice (do not throw out orange juice!)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped oats
Maple Glaze Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- BEFORE STARTING MUFFINS…Using electric mixer or whisk, mix all glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Place in fridge while muffins are being prepared.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium saucepan on med-low heat, combine apples and orange juice, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook for 10-15 min, until apples have started to soften. Take off heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix together butters and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until just combined.
- Add in apple mixture. Stir in until just combined.
- In medium bow, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix and gradually add to wet mixture.
- Scoop muffin mixture into a muffin tin either greased or lined with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, Combine cobbler topping ingredients with your hands until crumbly, sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Drizzle prepared maple glaze over the top & let glaze set additional 20 minutes before eating.