easy lemon icebox pie
Lemon icebox pie is an end of summer classic that has been loved for generations. For years, I would spend HOURS making the original recipe… sometimes having to restart because of a lumpy custard disaster. Then, a couple years ago I decided to try a “shortcut” version because I didn’t have an entire afternoon to dedicate to this beloved tradition, and guess what?? It was delicious! Want to know something even better? The filling only has FOUR INGREDIENTS!
- One 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups crushed Nilla wafer cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix crust ingredients together and press into pie pan until crust is formed.
- Bake 10-12 minute, cool completely before filling.
- Using electric mixer, mix cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie crust and refrigerate 5 hours.
- Garnish with whip cream and thinly sliced lemon, if desired.