Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods, but I only make them a couple times a year. Why? They take FOREVER to make! Between preparing the meat, shredding cheese, and going through the assembly line process to prepare them, it takes an entire afternoon to prepare before it even goes into the oven! If you feel the same way about this dish, then fear not! I have the perfect shortcut recipe for you.
Here’s my “shortcut” version:
- one package frozen burritos/ chimichangas
- 2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese
- one can olives
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 10oz can enchilada sauce
- vegetable oil
- Place up to 8 frozen burritos in the microwave on a plate and cook for one minute on each side until they are soft, but not fully cooked through.
- Put 1 inch of oil in pan, then put on med-low heat (oil will be ready when you put the edge of a burrito in and it starts to fry). Fry each side of burrito for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. (put no more than 2 burritos in oil at a time)
- Once burritos are golden, put in 9×11 baking dish and top with sauce, cheese, olives, and tomatoes.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese and Enjoy!